Acne is the most common skin disease in the U.S. and can affect teenagers and adults. It may appear on the face, back, shoulders and chest and can be treated.
Today, there are many types of treatments in Orange County for acne. When you consult with our specialist, your skin will be examined and an individual treatment plan made for you. There are prescription and nonprescription treatments for acne and acne scar treatments. The aim of the treatments is to limit bacterial growth, stimulate shedding of skin cells to unclog the pores, and slow the production of sebum.
Here are a few of the most common and effective types of acne treatment in Orange County:
• Soap and warm water — gently washing the face with soap and water twice a day may be helpful. If acne is already broken out this will not clear up the acne, but it may help prevent new acne from forming.
• Cleansers — there are various soaps and cleansers for treating acne. They often have glycolic acid, salicylic acid, sulfur, or benzoyl peroxide. You should not use a harsh scrub
• Benzoyl peroxide — this compound is supposed to destroy the bacteria that causes acne. It is available in lotions, washes, gels and creams
• Salicylic acid — for mild to moderate acne, products that contain salicylic acid help to unclog the pores and prevent lesions and helps in correcting abnormal shedding of cells.
• Topical retinol gel — retinol works by not allowing pimples to form. It decreases inflammation and swelling and inhibits the growth of cells.
• Chemical peels – remove the top layers of skin with a chemical mask
Before undertaking any treatments, you should discuss the procedures likely results with our specialist in Orange County.
Acne can affect your self-confidence, but there are treatments to reduce the scars and redness. We can help you find the best acne treatment for your skin type. Contact us today at Orange County Skin Lab and schedule your consultation with us at our office in San Juan Capistrano, California.